Determined New York Criminal Defense Lawyer Fights For You
Veteran attorney protects your rights
The Law Office of James A. Schiff in New York knows what it takes to fight back against allegations of criminal misconduct. If you’ve been charged with a felony or misdemeanor, you want a lawyer who can step right in, protect your rights and start constructing a sound defense. Whether your case stems from a street arrest or a high-level government investigation, you want an attorney who’s handled such cases. With more than 15 years of experience, we provide strong advocacy to accused individuals throughout New York City.
Experienced investigation and trial preparation
The outcome of a criminal proceeding can depend heavily on the quality and thoroughness of your lawyer’s preparation. We are known for our ability to:
- Identify potential witnesses — It’s critical for us to quickly find and speak with witnesses who might have information crucial to your defense. That’s why we’re available 24 hours a day.
- Prepare defense strategies — We carefully analyze evidence by reviewing discovery materials produced by the prosecution and conducting additional investigation where necessary.
- Be flexible — Whether we seek to dispose of your case before going to trial or take the facts to a jury, our firm aggressively challenges authorities and always explains your options.
An early mistake during the criminal justice process might have longstanding consequences. Don’t wait until it’s too late to call in an experienced criminal defense attorney.
Aggressive defense for all criminal charges
No matter what you’ve been charged with, we’re ready to stand up and fight for you. Our criminal defense firm represents New Yorkers charged with:
- White collar offenses — Our firm has the background and skill to handle complex cases stemming from allegations of fraud, embezzlement and other white collar crimes effectively.
- Drug crimes — Drug crimes can have serious repercussions. Whether you’re facing a possession count or a charge involving distribution, you deserve a tenacious advocate who can identify law enforcement errors that might have tainted the case against you.
- Computer crimes — If the police have seized your computer or other electronic device, seek the advice of an attorney experienced in fighting internet crime charges right away. Acting quickly to preserve evidence and protect your rights could be your best defense.
- Violent crimes — If you’ve been involved in a violent altercation leading to assault and battery charges or have been found to be in possession of a gun or other weapon, you need quality legal advice. Don’t talk to the police without your attorney present.
- Other crimes — We also handle cases involving theft, including identity theft, and conspiracy.
Whether you want to fight all the way through trial or negotiate for a reduced sentence, we will work to achieve the best possible solution for you.
Call a New York criminal defense attorney for a free consultation
When you’re facing criminal charges, nothing is more important than having a lawyer by your side. The Law Office of James A. Schiff in New York is waiting to hear from you. Call us at 212-362-5600 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation.